When it comes to reverse engineering, it is often difficult to imagine new, more efficient ways to manufacture existing components. Luckily, at PST, we are reverse engineering experts, bringing new ideas and creativity to our projects.
As part of this work, our engineers reduce the number of components and/or needed operations for a finished, functional product. This approach reduces costs while shortening lead times, delivering better products in less time.
Defining Your Needs
When it comes to reverse engineering, we create better products. Throughout projects, we work closely with our customers to truly understand a given application. Typically, we focus on
- Thread Form: Are you looking for a specific thread? What type of material would you like to use? If we’re aware of these considerations right away, we can help you make better decisions for your project.
- Current Constraints: Understanding constrains already in place ensure components fit and work correctly.
- Functionality: Focusing on the component’s function helps us determine which thread to use, as there are particular threads best suited for specific functions, tasks or loads.
During projects, we stay in constant contact with our customers. Using these open lines of communication, our engineers develop reverse engineered components in a timely manner. This ultimately leads to shorter lead times and superior products – a true win.
While working closely with one customer, PST reduced the cost of a manufactured ACME screw assembly. By thinking outside the box, our engineers developed a solution that:
- Reduced components from six to two
- Eliminated unnecessary machining for a more robust, simpler design
- Combined a multi-step assembly operation into a simple welding operation
- Cut lead time in half
- Overall, developed a better product for a reduced cost
Getting Started with PST
If you’re ready to get started, or are interested in reducing the cost of a current process, assembly, or part, contact our experts now.